Thursday, December 30, 2010

NEW YEAR'S WORD

Kindness is the greatest wisdom.~~Author Unknown

Of all the gifts that I received this Christmas, Little T actually gave me the one that I should be able to use for the rest of my life.

Here's the package that he wrapped it in:

We were delivering a Christmas gift to our elderly neighbor lady, Mrs. S, who is in her 90's.  She LOVES seeing the kids and tells them all the time how much they've grown (which they love...especially Little T)...and ALWAYS has a smile on her face.  We've known her about 11 years and I've NEVER heard her say anything that isn't pleasant.  :)

After we received our hugs goodbye, we were walking out to the car.   Little T was ahead of me and turned around and said...."She's very KINDFUL, isn't she??"       I said..."Yes...she is."   :)

And right then and there.....I found a most heart-warming word to add to my vocabulary and that I could give as a gift to you.  Pass It On, if you will.  We can all use this....daily.

So, since I'm sort of a 'word-nerd', here is my definition of Little T's word....

KINDFUL:  No entries in Dictionary.com...by the way.....
Combination of......
mindful:  
1.  heedful, thoughtful.
kind:
1.  of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person: a kind and loving person.
2. having, showing, or proceeding from benevolence: kind words.
3. indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often fol. by to ): to be kind to animals.
4. mild; gentle; clement: kind weather.
5. loving; affectionate.

 

KINDFUL: 

1.  To be filled with a loving, indulgent, considerate helpfulness. 

2.  Full of a good-natured disposition; thoughtful, mild, gentle.

My New Year's resolution....possibly the only one I might actually keep....is to take this word to heart and use it and live it everyday. 
I only ask you to pass it on.  If we had a more 'kindful' world.....we could all rest a little easier, right? 

Have a 'KINDFUL' NEW YEAR!!!
P.S.   Thank you, Little T!  That was a well-chosen gift.  Love, Mom
G

 

3 comments:

  1. One of your best! This was great. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...we need to listen to the words of little ones more often...loved this!

    ReplyDelete